Install on PS 1.0?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM
Does SharePoint Provider work on PS 1.0?
This is the first I've seen of "SharePoint Provider" and even PowerShell, so I don't know if I'm missing anything.
I downloaded the dll/pdb (RTM-Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint-0.54.zip) and tried:

PS C:\tmp\SharePointProvider> c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
See the contents of the log file for the C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
assemblypath = C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll
logfile = C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.InstallLog
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for
more information.
Aborting installation for C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll.

An exception occurred during the Install phase.
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to get installer types in the C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll assembly.
The inner exception System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException was thrown with the following error message: Unable to load one or more of
the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information..

The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning.
See the contents of the log file for the C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.InstallLog.
Rolling back assembly 'C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
assemblypath = C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll
logfile = C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.InstallLog
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for
more information.
Aborting installation for C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll.
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller installer.
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to get installer types in the C:\tmp\SharePointProvider\Nivot.PowerShell.SharePoint.dll assembly.
The inner exception System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException was thrown with the following error message: Unable to load one or more of
the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information..
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However,
the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete.

The Rollback phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.
The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:14 PM
One of the requirements is that the machine you install this on has SharePoint installed locally. Remote support is not implemented yet unforunately.

So, you'll need:

• wss 2003 and/or sps2003
  • .net 2.0
  • powershell 1.0

- Oisin
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:23 PM
That must be it. Thanks. :-|
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:42 PM
I've also revamped the wiki page -- look towards the bottom for the Features page. You'll see some examples and explanations as to how it works there.

Have fun, and don't be afraid to report bugs, ask for feature and just generally harass me. I need it.

- Oisin